- This event has passed.
A Matter of Balance Program Classes
May 16, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00am on Wednesday, repeating until June 6, 2018
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns About Falls is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls. Weeks Medical Center will offer A Matter of Balance classes every Wednesday beginning April 18. Classes are held once a week for 2 hours each (10 am to noon). The program runs for 8 weeks. The program is free of charge. Location: Weeks Medical Center 3rd Floor Conference Room in Lancaster.
You will learn to:
- View falls as controllable
- Set goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- Exercise to increase strength and balance
Who should attend?
- Anyone concerned about falls
- Anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility, and strength
- Anyone who has fallen in the past
- Anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
For more information about the A Matter of Balance program, please call Nadine or Erin at 603-788-5009.