Primary Care/Family MedicineComprehensive, continuing care for undiagnosed health symptoms or concerns, as well as preventive care.
Primary Care/Family Medicine
Weeks Medical Center Primary Care Providers (PCP), which include physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants, are typically the first healthcare provider you see for any non-emergency medical problem. They are specifically trained for comprehensive first contact and continuing care for patients with any undiagnosed health symptom or concern, as well as preventive care. WMC PCP’s include:
- General Internists—specialize in internal medicine and generally provide services to adult patients.
- Family Practitioners—as the name implies, are qualified to care for the whole family.
- Pediatric Practitioners—specialize in child health care, usually to age 21.
- Gynecologists—specialize in women’s reproductive and maternal health.
Weeks Medical Center internal medicine doctors focus on adult medicine and have had special study and training focusing on the prevention and treatment of adult diseases. At least three of their seven or more years of medical school and postgraduate training are dedicated to learning how to prevent, diagnose, and treat diseases that affect adults. Although internists may act as primary care physicians, they are not “family physicians.”
Weeks Medical Center family practitioners, which may include primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants, provide comprehensive family care, including the treatment of acute illnesses and chronic medical conditions. They specialize in preventive medicine while providing health education for the entire family. Having a dedicated team to care for the entire family can be very beneficial.
There are many advantages to having a dedicated PCP. A dedicated PCP knows your family and medical history, lifestyle, and habits. Your PCP will coordinate your care and act as an expert guide to the medical system, including referring you to specialists at Weeks and other facilities. Your PCP will help you prevent and detect health problems through regular office visits and help you develop and carry out a personal health maintenance and improvement program.
We encourage you to establish a relationship with a PCP when you are in good health. This will ensure that we can provide you with the best care should you become sick or injured.
Multiple locations are available for Primary Care/Family Medicine services:
- Lancaster Patient Care Center – 173 Middle Street, Lancaster
- Groveton Physician Office – 47 Church Street, Groveton
- NCH Patient Care Center – Colebrook – 141 Corliss Lane, Colebrook*
- NCH Patient Care Center – Stewartstown – 6 Duranleau Street, West Stewartstown*
- NCH Weeks Medical Center – 536 Cottage Street, Littleton
- North Stratford Physician Office – 43 Main Street, North Stratford
- Whitefield Physician Office – 8 Clover Lane, Whitefield
For more information or to make an appointment with a Primary Care Physician, please call (603) 788-5095.
* D.O.T. physicals are now available at the NCH Patient Care Centers in Colebrook and West Stewartstown. Call (603) 788-5095 for an appointment.
Acute Care Clinic:
Now open: Acute Care Clinic is for established patients of Weeks Medical Center’s Primary Care for the treatment of all non-emergent minor illnesses and injuries.
Days and times are as follows:
- Tuesday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the Outpatient Physician Clinic located at Weeks Medical Center, located in Lancaster
- Monday and Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at Weeks Medical Center Outpatient Physician Clinic, located in Whitefield
Advanced appointment is necessary. Please call (603) 788-5095 to schedule.
The clinic is open to treat all minor illesses and injureis (non-emergent) and functions similar to an urgent care center or regular primary care office visit.
Some of the common ailments treated at the Acute Care Clinic:
- Skin Irritations
- Sore Throat
- and so much more.
If you are experiencing an emergency, please visit the Weeks Medical Center Emergency Room, which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.