Sleep MedicineOffering evaluation and treatment of the full range of sleep disorders.
Center for Sleep Medicine – Leave the rest to us
- Do you wake up and then struggle to get back to sleep?
- Do you fall asleep at inappropriate times, such as at work?
- Do you constantly feel tired, regardless of how much you slept the night before?
- Do you feel like it takes far too long for you to fall asleep?
- Do you snore?
- Do you wake up with a headache?
- Do your legs or arms jerk or twitch during the night?
A good night’s sleep is vital to maintaining good health. In fact, sleep deprivation can lead to serious health issues. If you’re experiencing sleep problems, ask your doctor about the Center for Sleep Medicine at AVH.
Our state-of-the-art facility offers evaluation and treatment of the full range of sleep disorders, including insomnia, sleep apnea, snoring, narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome and more.
- Pediatric and adult sleep services
- Full neurologic exams
- Clinical diagnostic services and treatment for patients with symptoms that suggest a sleep disorder
- Patient evaluation by a sleep center physician
- Polysomnography (sleep evaluations in which electrodes measure brain waves, eye movements, muscle activity, respiration, heart rate and rhythm)
- A board-certified sleep medicine specialist to review all interpretations
- Patient education
- Individualized plan of care
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP)
- Biphasic Airway Pressure (BiPAP)
- Adaptive servo-ventilation (ASV)
Irving Smith, DO, Board-Certified Internist and Sleep Specialist sees patients at WMC in Lancaster.
Medical Director, Joseph DellaValla, MD, FACP welcomes patients at Androscoggin Valley Hospital which also features a number of certified sleep technologists, Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital, and Weeks Medical Center. Initial patient consultations can be held at any of our NCH affiliate hospitals, however, the sleep studies are conducted at The Center for Sleep lab, located on the 3rd floor of Androscoggin Valley Hospital. There are sleep lab suites and an intervening technical control viewing area, and each patient suite has a television and internet access for the convenience and comfort of our patients.
For more information or an appointment with Irving Smith, DO in Lancaster, please call (603) 788-5292.
For more information or an appointment with Joseph DellaValla, MD in Berlin, Colebrook, Lancaster, or Glen, please call (603) 752-2300.