The importance of supporting your community hospital
Planned Giving—An Opportunity to Both Give and Receive
Planned Giving is an approach whereby you become a benefactor of goodwill and a builder of a lasting legacy for the future.
Opportunities (and rewards) can begin with the following:
- Annual Giving. A tradition of giving to the Thanksgiving Annual Appeal (usually for needed equipment) helps the medical center grow day by day.
- Caregiver Recognition. Make a difference in your life with a gift in honor of a physician or other special caregiver who has touched your life.
- Supporting Universal Patient Care. Your gift guarantees the same level of care to all patients regardless of their ability to pay for needed services.
- Scholarships and Professional Development. The shortage of health care professionals can be addressed with a specified gift for scholarships and educational development.
- In Loving Memory. A tribute to someone dear to you with a gift of remembrance.
- Building the Endowment. A bequest or major gift to the Weeks Medical Center Endowment Fund guarantees a lasting gift into the future.
Ways of Giving—Enjoy the Fruits of Your Generosity both Now and Forever
- Bequest through your Will or Trust. You can remember Weeks Medical Center in your will or trust. This means of giving is appropriate for everyone and there are no complicated tax rules to consider. You can designate a specific dollar amount or percentage of your estate.
- Beneficiary Arrangement. You can remember Weeks Medical Center as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy or retirement account [IRA, 401(k), 403(b)].
- Life Estate. You can remember Weeks Medical Center by transferring ownership of your property (residence, building) while reserving the right to use the property for a term of years or for your lifetime. A charitable income tax deduction can be granted for the year of the property transfer.
To find out more or to make a donation to Weeks Medical Center, please call 603-788-4911.